gennaio 03, 2007

Ambiente et Bookshelves

Excuse moi for the terrible linguistical mélange of the title above. More simply intended, ambiente (italian) means environmente. Et for "and".

And bookshelves. Those sombre looking pieces of wood neatly assembled together and, rather often, later end up in one's salone, or study room, or proudly compliment a living room.

I admit it. I don't really buy books. I read, heaps, though. (phiuuuwh, what a relief to know that!)

And the horrendous excuse would be, I've never had spaces in a house of my own. Been nomadic, you see, across half the world. And, what a tough luck for me, in Italy, or rather in Europe, the temptation has never been more forté. I gotta buy books. Not so much of textbooks, rather a bummer than pleasure that is.

All the signs couldn't have been more clearer. The necessity is pretty convincing. The need, too, connived with the first two. So I have been studying Italian and Italian texts
, now, I can read and understand them. No, not the stuff of letterature .

Bargain books. Yeaaah, a one way ticket for any self respecting broke student.

I bumped, at a chain shop vending all sorts electronic goods here in Rome, into a bookshelf, and in the end bagged myself a Jacques Prévert's work.

The French poet, born in 1900 in Paris and ceased 77 years later, poured down his heart to his content into lines of poetry of amour and liberté. Of life in Paris through the early 20th century.

Love it heaps albeit not prepared to weep my soaking up eyes.

La belle saison

A jeun perdue glacée
Toute seule sans un sou
Une fille de seize ans
Immobile debout
Place de la Concorde
A midi le Quinze Août

°°°

The beautiful season
An undesirable lost fasting
All alone without dosh
A girl of sixteen
Standing immobile
Place de la Concorde
At midday of August the fifteen

1 comments:

Anonimo ha detto...

waa lagi di itali thooo .. ngapain nih? sekul/holiday/pindah for good ? salam buat kopi pait deh yaaaa :-D